Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Blind Date (THIS IS FICTIONAL!)

The time I went on a blind date was a day I wish I could forget. It was 5:50 p.m., and I was at my friend Lily’s house for a sleepover. They always talked about finding the perfect guy to set me up with—but I never imagined it would turn out like this.
“So, have you found him yet?” I asked Lily. “Maybe. But the girls and I need to talk about that,” she replied. I didn’t really know what she meant, but I hoped it didn’t mean anything bad. The girls went to talk in Lily’s bedroom. Of course, they shut the door. All I could hear were soundproof whispers, and laughs. I felt much excluded, but I couldn’t barge in and tell them that—especially if this guy turned out to be the guy. So I sat outside her door, and waited till they came out. Finally, after about ten minutes of discussing, they came out. All of them were smiling, but I thought nothing of it.
“So,” I smiled. They all burst out laughing. “What?” I asked. “Aren’t you going to tell me?” Lily walked closer to me. “Yes,” she said, and nodded. It sounded sarcastic. I braced myself. Ashley started snickering, but Lily warned her to stop. She did.
After a while, they told me that it was a really cute guy that lived down the street from Lily. She told me his name was Tyler, and he was very attractive. All I could help but think was What if they are tricking me? But then I realized they are all my best friends, and why would they do something so hurtful to me?
At 6:30, it was finally time to see him. They got me all girled up in a mini skirt and tank top. They gave me pink flip-flops, and a clutch purse. They put glossy lip gloss on me, and eye liner. “How do I look?” I asked after I was finished. “Great!” Everyone agreed. “Good. Now can I please meet him?” I pleaded. “From what you guys are saying, he sounds very good-looking!” Ashley started snickering again, and Sam hit her on the arm. Ashley rubbed it and being mature, didn’t hit her back or hold a grudge.

At last, we got out the door, and we were on our way to Johnny Carinos, so that I could have my date with Tyler. I didn’t see him yet, and my friends insisted we get a table before he gets there. I was horribly confused. My friends blind-folded me—I understood why they called it a blind date. I could hear a chair scoot out of the table, and someone sit down. I heard laughs, and running. “You can take your blind-fold off now,” Lily chuckled, and ran away. I slowly untied the blind-fold, (which was actually a cloth napkin) and saw a medium-sized boy my age, with glasses, a plaid shirt, high-top jeans, and hideous shoes. “Hi,” he sniffed. Then he shoved his inhaler in his mouth, and gave out a sniff. My eyes got wide and I ran away in terror. I got terribly mad at my friends, (whom apologized, by the way) and they promised never to set me up with a guy without consulting me first again.

tHANx,

Twilight12

(Like my story? Comment!)

2 comments:

  1. that was really funny you reminded m eof a nerd just like that at my old school!! lol lol ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that would be HORRIBLE if that really happened. Great story tho. BTW i would NEVER do that to u *makes angelic looking face*

    ReplyDelete